Gift Ideas for Mom
I love my mom. She's one of my favorite people in the world. Growing up in a military household, mom wore a ton of hats. She's a hard worker, super creative, everyone's favorite cook and the backbone of our family.
Every single year I struggle to find gifts for her. The woman has everything! She's an avid scrapbooker, but has every gadget imaginable for that. She's an incredible cook but I can spend all day in Williams-Sonoma and still not know what to buy. She's the most crafty person I know but again, that doesn't get me anywhere.
Every time we ask her what she wants for Christmas she doesn't really give us much to work with.
This morning I was on Facebook and stumbled upon a post that reminded me so much of my mother:
What Do You Want For Christmas Mom?
I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your (future) kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever.
Tell me about your jobs, your worries, your spouses, your kids, your fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don’t care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.
I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how, and I’m not bragging, but we did a pretty darn good job. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work, I’m pretty proud of it.
Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don’t mind. In fact, I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your families, I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy.
When you ask me what I want for Christmas, I say “nothing” because you’ve already been giving me my gift all year. I want you.
Not to brag or anything but I'm one of the lucky ones. I live about 3 miles from my mom and I visit every weekend. Most weeks I see her during the week as well. She's the first person I call when something good, or bad, happens to me. She's one of my favorite people to travel with; from Aruba to Alaska. She's my rock.
But how do I tell her that with a gift? How can I find her something that she would truly like? If you're in a bind like I am, here are 5 gift ideas for under $50 for the mother figure in your life.
1. Personalized Rolling Pin for Cookies- I'm a huge fan of anything personalized. Imagine mom a cookie rolling pin with her name on it! "Cookies from Mom" or "Baked with Love by ______". This is the perfect gift for the baking mother. (Note these come from Germany and the shipping is slow). I ordered one for my mom this year, see how it turned out!
2. Monogrammed Earrings- Us Southerners love our monograms (hence the name of this site). Why not order mom a pair of monogrammed earrings? I ordered a pair of these and they are absolutely perfect! (Note these come from China so expect a longer delivery time. My package arrived much faster than the German one). See how they turned out!
3. Monogrammed Pull Over- How gorgeous is this jacket? I actually ordered one and was amazed by the quality of the coat. It exceeded my expectation! I'll be ordering one for myself for my trip to Alaska once the holidays are over.
4. Pajamas- If you're crunched for time, Victoria's Secret pajamas are always a quick and easy gift. They come in in all sizes and are ridiculously comfortable. You can even get free matching slippers! My mom NEVER buys pajamas for herself so they are always a treat when she receives them.
5. Handbag- Another quick and easy gift is a handbag. I love the selection that Charming Charlie has. I have a bag from them and it's held up extremely well.