Chocolate Covered Cottontails
These adorable little Chocolate Covered Cottontails are a fun (and delicious way) to celebrate Easter!
Hello, friends! Growing up my parents always made a big deal out of Easter. As a kid, I loved it! By the time Easter rolled around I was coming off of my Halloween sugar high and jonesing for some more sugar. My favorite candies were always Cadbury Eggs and Peeps. When they started selling chocolate covered Peeps I about lost my mind!
Now that the weather is starting to warm up again, I was inspired to create these Chocolate Covered Cottontails.
Insert the lollipop sticks through your peeps, ensuring that it doesn't poke through the top.
Cut your mini marshmallows in half and set aside.
Dip your bunny into the melted chocolate, tapping off the excess chocolate. Place the chocolate covered marshmallow on a piece of wax paper. Add a marshmallow 1/2 as a cottontail.
Allow chocolate to set by placing it in the refrigerator.
These things are crazy good! I'm telling you there's no greater combination than chocolate and marshmallow!
Naturally, all of the pretty ones got snagged up before I could get a photo of the finished project so unfortunately you get a picture of this smudgey little guy. But you get the point ;)
Lollipop Sticks Semi-Sweet Chocolate (melted) Mini Marshmallows Peeps Wax Paper or Aluminum Foil
1. Insert the lollipop sticks through the center of the marshmallow, ensuring that it does not poke through the top.
2. Cut your marshmallows in half and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring and checking it every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth.
4. Dip the bunnies in the chocolate, tapping off any excess.
5. Place the bunnies on aluminum foil or wax paper. Place one marshmallow on each bunnies bottom to create a tail.
6. Place the chocolate covered bunnies in the refrigerator to set.
If you like chocolate covered treats as much as I do, be sure to pop in next week for my PMS Cookies aka Chocolate Covered Reese's Stuffed Oreos.... yeah... I totally went there! Be sure to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter so you don't miss it! See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**