Shredded Bliss Salad
Hello, friends! There's a local restaurant that my friends and I love going to. It's a great place to unwind over a glass of wine and some of the best food that I've ever had. On our first trip there two of my friends ordered a shredded Brussels sprout salad. I was skeptical at first because I had never tried Brussels sprouts before, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and give the salad a try.
Oh. My. God. How did I go 33 years without ever trying Brussels sprouts? What kind of sick parents would neglect their children of something so delicious? Surely this has to be some form of abuse. This salad was incredible!
Brussels sprouts! Brussels sprouts! I love Brussels sprouts!
Unfortunately for me, we can't walk out of this said restaurant without dropping $100 for the two of us to have dinner. And while yes, the food is incredible, my bank account would be seriously ticked off if I ate at this place frequently.
I was left withe one option. I had to learn how to make this incredible salad.
4 oz of Spinach leaves 12 oz Brussels Sprouts
2 tbsp basil
1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1 cup Red Wine Lemon Vinaigrette
2 tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Rinse your spouts thoroughly. Pat them dry with a paper towel and chop them finely, discarding the end piece.
2. Wash 4 oz. of spinach leaves and pat them dry.
3. Gather a pinch of spinach leaves as pictured above.
4. Julienne the leaves.
5. Finely chop 2 tbsp of fresh basil.
6. Toss all of your greens by hand or using spoons.
7. Add 1 cup of red wine lemon vinaigrette. If you are unable to find it, you can also use Red Wine Vinaigrette with a squeeze of lemon juice.
8. Add half of the shaved Parmesan cheese.
9. Toss well to coat. Top the salad with the remaining cheese.
10. Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top of your salad. Serve immediately.
It's that simple! Recently I made a batch of this salad to take over to my parents house for dinner. It was a definite hit with my family! This sophisticated salad is perfect for Spring and Summer. It would go well with everything from BBQ, to chicken and pork dishes and even Italian meals!
This meal would be excellent with: