The Best Black Bean Burgers
Hey, y'all! One of my favorite things about football is the tailgating parties! I love the smell of the charcoal grill, the sounds of the fans gearing up for the big game and watching everyone tossing a football or playing cornhole outside of the stadium.
We love grilling out for the games! We throw everything from chicken, to burgers, to sausage and vegetables on the fire. One of our favorite things to whip up is black bean burgers. They have all of the great tastes of regular beef burgers with a fresh, healthy twist to them.
You can eat these Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burgers on a bun with lettuce, onions, and tomatoes like a classic hamburger or add a Latin twist to it and serve it with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa!
2 can of black beans
1/2 cup corn- I used a froze bag of frozen cilantro lime corn but you can use regular
1/3 cup cilantro
1/4 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup of oatmeal (or bread crumbs)
1. In a food processor, combine onion and garlic until chopped finely.
2. Add 1 cup of black beans, cilantro, spices and lime juice to the onion and garlic mixture. Process until it has a smooth, pasty consistency.
3. Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
4. Stir in oatmeal (or bread crumbs), corn, black beans, and egg until well combined. If the mixture seems runny, add more oatmeal or bread crumbs.
5. Form into burger sized patties.
6. Grill over medium low heat for 4 minutes on each side or cook them in a frying pan or cast iron until browned on each side.
Doesn't it look glorious? One great thing about these black bean patties is that you can freeze them and store them for a later time. That are great for Meatless Monday's and perfect for the grill.
Be sure to save this pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious recipes. Better yet, subscribe to the blog and have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turned out