Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
You won't believe that this flavor-packed, crispy crust came from a crock-pot meal!
**This post may contain affiliate links**
Hey, y'all! It's the time of year again where we're all running around like chicken with their heads cut off. Okay... so I never really thought about how morbid that statement is. That's probably not the best analogy to use when I'm posting chicken recipe, but you get where I'm going here. We are all super, super busy this time of the year.
To help my life a little easier, I turn to my crock-pot at this time of the year. Recipes like my Tender Ranch Flavored Cube Steaks and my Pork Loin with Balsamic Glaze are quick and easy to toss together in the crock pot. I absolutely love walking in the door in the late afternoon knowing that I don't have to worry about dinner! The smells of the meal drift through the entire house and greet you as you walk in the door.
This Honey Garlic Chicken is another one of my favorites. The sweetness of the honey and the saltiness of the soy sauce are the perfect combination. The sauce is to die for, I literally sat over the crock-pot spooning the sauce into my mouth. It is THAT good! You're totally judging me at this moment and that's fine with me. You'll see what I'm talking about when delve into this sauce.
So, let's get started, shall we mamas?
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbs fresh parsley
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
1. In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, herbs, ketchup and honey. Whisk the mixture until well combined.
2. Arrange chicken thighs on the bottom of your crock pot.
3. Pour your sauce over the chicken thighs.
4. Close the lid and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high. Keep in mind all slow cookers are different so ensure your chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
5. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Doesn't this chicken look amazing? I love serving it with freshly steamed veggies and brown rice.
Just take a look at the crust! I promise you, it tastes just as good as it looks!