Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad
Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad is a delicious combination of roasted Brussels sprouts, shredded Parmesan, and lemon juice. This classy salad is the perfect for lunch or as a side dish.
Hey, y’all! I’ve been pretty open about my love affair with green vegetables on the blog. Broccoli, asparagus and Brussels sprouts make some of my ultimate-favorite side dishes. Recipes like Jacked Up Asparagus, Garlic Parmesan Asparagus, Shredded Bliss Salad, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze are frequently on my dinner menu. But I have to be honest with you, I actually tried a Brussels Sprout recipe that I DIDN’T like! It was a lemon Parmesan dish that left the Sprouts a soggy mess. I wasn’t at all pleased.
Never fear! The Brussels Sprouts have redeemed themselves and our love affair is back on! Since I didn’t like the soggy texture of the Brussels Sprouts, I decided to prepare them in a way that would make them crispy. Crispy is a texture that I can get behind! Oh, and I added a little lemon and Parmesan to the end because dammit those flavors do go well together!
1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends removed and sliced thin
2 tbsp heat-safe oil
2-3 gloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the sliced Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese. Toss until evenly coated.
3. Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer.
4. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Stir every 8-10 minutes to ensure that the sprouts are cooked evenly. **Please note that the cooking times will vary**
5. Remove from the oven. Serve warm.
I honestly could sit down and eat an entire batch of this in one sitting. I mean...it wouldn't be horrible for me, right? This stuff is crazy good! My brother and I tore this salad up that last time I made it.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm actually going to whip up a batch of this right now. Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more simple yet delicious recipes. See you next time!