Hot chocolate and marshmallows go together like peanut butter and jelly! Step up your marshmallow game with these adorable Marshmallow Snowmen!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Hey, y'all! It's has finally cooled down enough for us to break out the hot chocolate here in Florida! I have to admit, I make some pretty banging cocoa. If you haven't checked out my recipe for the Best Hot Chocolate Ever then you are missing out on a true holiday treat!
Nothing goes better with cocoa than marshmallows, am I right? Okay so maybe Bailey's is a close second but hot chocolate and marshmallows go together like peanut butter and jelly. I decided to have a little fun with my marshmallows. Rather than just tossing in a few mini-marshmallows and calling it a day, I broke out the big daddy marshmallows and made an adorable little snowman using 3 large marshmallows, some pretzel bits, an edible marker and candy eyeballs. (Click the links to see the exact products used- I found that they were cheaper on Amazon than in stores!)
Edible Marker (I used Wilton)
Candy Eyes (I used Wilton)
White Icing (I used Wilton)
1. Prepare your pretzels by breaking of the curved parts to use for "arms".
2. Place the "arms" on both of the long sides of one of the marshmallows.
3. Use the remaining pieces of pretzel (or pretzel sticks) to join the three marshmallows together by poking a hole in the bottom of one marshmallow and the top of another. The marshmallow with the arms should be in the center.
4. Place two small dots on the top marshmallow. Place candy eyes on top of each of the dots.
5. Gently arrange your snowman on top of a cup of hot chocolate.
Isn't this little guy precious? It was almost a shame to have to eat him...almost ;)