Super Easy Aloha Chicken with Mandarin Oranges and Rice
This dump-and-bake recipe is the perfect one-dish weekday meal! This meal takes just 10 minutes to prep and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Hey, y'all! You know I'm all for a quick and easy dinner recipe. I mean... I've kind of centered my entire blog around easy-to-make foods. Life is too short to spend all day in the kitchen! Foods like this Aloha Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken with Vegetables, Sweet Thai Chicken, Better Than Take Out Orange Chicken and Tender Ranch Flavored Cube Steaks are frequently on our dinner menu simply because they are delicious and easy to make!
I mean, how can you go wrong with a meal that involves practically zero prep work and uses only one dish? All of the raw ingredients cook together, marinating in a delicious sweet-and-sour sauce, creating a dinner that is absolutely incredible. This dish features juicy chicken and rice in a sweet and savory sauce that is insanely easy to make.
1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces 1/2 light soy sauce 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 tsp minced garlic 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth 1 cup diced onion 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice 20 oz can of mandarin oranges (pineapple works great too!)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In the 9x13 pan, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and chicken broth to form your sauce.
3. Add uncooked chicken, uncooked rice, onion, bell pepper and mandarin oranges (with their juice). Stir.
4. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes covered. Uncover, stir and bake again (without the foil) for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
5. Let the dish stand for 5 minutes so the sauce can thicken a tad. Serve.
Don't forget to use the #mandmcooks if you make this dish so we can see how it turns out!
Be sure to save this pin! You're going to be craving this Aloha Chicken later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, healthy recipes like this one. See you next time!