Easy & Cheesy Italian Bombs
These Easy & Cheesy Italian Bombs take only minutes to prepare. Delicious salami is surrounded by ooey-gooey cheese and premade biscuit dough to form the ultimate football food.
Hey, y'all! Welcome to the latest installment of Saturday's snacks where I share with you a recipe perfect for enjoying during the big game! Throughout this series, I have shared with you some super yummy recipes such as Jalapeno Popper Dip, Bunless Burger Bites, Loaded Tater Tot Skewers and Chicken and Waffle Sliders.
When I am coming up with a football friendly recipe, it has to meet the following criteria:
It requires minimal prep time.
Finger-foods are a plus.
The recipe has to be delicious.
Simple enough, right? I mean, who wants to spend half of the game in the kitchen? Certainly not me! I'd rather be sitting in front of the big screen cheering on my Jaguars.
These Easy & Cheesy Italian Bombs take only minutes to prepare. Delicious salami is sounded by ooey-gooey cheese and premade biscuit dough to form the ultimate football food. They are finished off with olive oil and a pinch of Italian herbs creating a savory little bite-sized treat that will knock your socks off.
They talk about "cheese pulls" on one of my favorite cooking shows, The Kitchen, this appetizer has some serious cheese pull y'all.
1 16 oz tube of biscuit dough 6 oz mozzarella cheese 16 slices of salami, quartered 1-2 tbsp olive oil 1/4 cup dried Italian seasoning 1/4 cup parmesan cheese Marinara dipping sauce, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Split each biscuit in half to create 16 flat disks.
3. Cut each piece of salami into quarters. Place 4 pieces of salami onto each piece of biscuit dough. Add a pinch of mozzarella cheese to each disk.
4. Wrap the ends around to create a ball ensuring that the seams are pressed tightly together so your stuffing doesn't ooze out.
5. Place your olive oil in a shallow dish. Place parmesan cheese and Italian herbs in another shallow dish. Dip the top of each of the dough balls into the olive oil and then into the parmesan and Italian herbs mixture.
6. Place each of the balls on the baking sheet, herb side up. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately for the ultimate cheese pull experience. I served mine with a marinara sauce to give it more of a pizza feel but I honestly prefer it without the dipping sauce.
Each week I watch the game with my dad. When he saw these little guys, he was sure he wouldn't like them. That joker ate at least 4 of these. Not only did we eat these last week, but I've also had a special request to make them again this week. They are THAT good. Like 10 out of 10 good.
Don't forget to use the #mandmcooks if you make this dish so we can see how it turns out!
Be sure to save this pin! You're going to be craving these Easy & Cheesy Italian Bombs later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy recipes like this one. See you next time!