The Ultimate Chicken Parmesan Pizza
This trendy dish is a combination of two of my favorite foods: Pizza and Chicken Parmesan. The crust of this delicious pizza is an actual chicken breast coated with cheese, sauce and delicious pasta!
Hey, y'all! I'm so excited to share today's recipe with you. It is a scrumptious combination of two of my favorite foods: Pizza and Chicken Parmesan. For this recipe, I didn't just toss some chopped up bits of chicken, toss it on pizza dough and call it a day. Oh hell no! This recipe uses the chicken Parmesan itself to create a delicious, crispy crust. Oh yes, I did!
Now I have to be totally honest, this is an idea that has been floating around there for awhile. There's a restaurant up in NYC that has been making a similar dish for years.
This recipe is my new favorite way to eat Chicken Parmesan. The chicken is perfectly seasoned and creates a perfectly crispy thin crust that melts in your mouth. Rather than using a chicken breast, this recipe calls for ground chicken although if you got crafty you could pound the crap out of some chicken breasts and use that as well.
Begin by mixing the ground chicken with Italian seasonings. Press it into cake pans lined with plastic wrap to get the perfectly round pizza shape. Freeze your "crust" for 4 hours, or overnight- this helps make the chicken easier to work with!
Next, coat the crust with flour, dip it in an egg bath and then bread them with a yummy breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Toss this into a cast iron pan and cook it until it is brown on both sides. Top the chicken pizza crust with sauce and mozzarella cheese, just like you would if it was an actual pizza. Top it with your favorite pasta and presto! A totally rad and totally delicious dinner that everyone will love!
Yes, this recipe takes a little work and some prep on the front side of it but the outcome is crazy good. You'll never want to eat Chicken Parm another way!
Serving Size: 8 (this recipe creates 2 pizzas)
1 lb ground chicken 1/2 box of spaghetti pasta 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Romano cheese, shredded 3 eggs 1/4 cup flour 3/4 cup Italian season bread crumbs 1/4 cup panko 1/2 cup olive oil 1 tsp salt 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Line 2 8 inch cake pans with plastic wrap.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken with 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of garlic and onion powder. Divide the mixture in half and press into the bottom of each cake pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Set up your dredging station. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, panko, and 2 tbsp, each, of Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Add the remaining Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders. Place flour in a third shallow dish.
5. Coat the frozen chicken crust in flour, then in egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the other chicken crust.
6. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 1 chicken crust for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Repeat the steps with the second chicken crust.
7. Place about 1/4 cup of marinara on each chicken crust leaving about a 1-inch border. Split the remaining cheeses equally among the two pizzas.
8. Place each pizza on a baking sheet on top of a wire cooling rack- this prevents the crust from sitting in grease and thus getting soggy.
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
10. Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions.
11. Top each pizza with spaghetti and fresh basil or parsley. Slice into wedges and serve.
Note: If you don't want to fry your crust, you can simply bake the crust in the oven at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Add the sauce and cheese and place the pizza back into the oven until all of the cheese has melted.
I have a feeling you're really, really going to love this recipe! My mouth is salivating as I'm typing this! This Chicken Parmesan Pizza is amazing! Be sure to pin this recipe, you'll be craving it later!
Use the #mandmcooks if you make this recipe so we can see how it turns out!