Smooth and Decadent Strawberry Mousse
This light and sweet dessert is simple to make and the perfect treat for a nice warm day! It also makes for a nice treat for a baby shower!
Hey, y'all! Last month we hosted a baby shower for my brother Justin and his girlfriend. They are expecting their firstborn, a girl, sometime this month. I saw his girlfriend yesterday and the poor thing looks like she's going to pop any day now, bless her heart.
I was given the task of coming up with a dessert table for their baby shower. I created heart-shaped chocolate covered Rice Krispie treats that were pretty sweet, and Guava Pastries that were semi-sweet so I wanted to create another dessert that wouldn't overwhelm the palate. Something fresh, smooth and creamy and of course, pink. My mind automatically went to strawberries.
I love working with strawberries, they are my favorite fruit! I decided to create a light and smooth strawberry mousse. This recipe begins by creating a strawberry puree, and a whipping cream. Simply add in some strawberry gelatin, powdered sugar, sour cream and vanilla to the mixture and blend until you have a beautiful pink mousse. If it sounds complicated, trust me, it's not!
This dish was a total hit at the shower. Not only is it perfect for a baby shower for a little girl, it would also be amazing on a warm spring or summer day!
8 strawberries, quartered 1 packet strawberry gelatin 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp vanilla Additional strawberries for garnish
1. Puree strawberries in a blender. You should have approximately 1 cup of puree when you're finished.
2. Sprinkle gelatin on top and pulse to combine. Continue to pulse this mixture every 3 minutes or so while you prepare the rest of your mousse.
3. Whip heavy cream until strong peaks form. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix again to combine. Add in sour cream and mix again.
4. Pour strawberry puree into the creamy mixture. Mix for 3 minutes or until your mousse holds soft peaks.
5. Serve immediately by piping into small bowls or transfer into a piping bag and store until ready to serve.
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Be sure to pin this recipe for later, you're going to be craving this delicious mousse soon! Give me a like on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more scrumptious easy-to-make recipes like this one. See you next time!
Use the #mandmcooks if you make this recipe so we can see how it turns out.