Sheet Pan Flank Steak + Roasted Potatoes & Veggies
This Sheet Pan Flank Steak + Roasted Potatoes & Veggies are easy to prepare, simple to clean up and tastes delicious! It is the perfect weeknight meal for the busy family!
Hey, y'all! Sheet pan recipes are one of the hottest trends in home kitchens. Have you tried this method? Basically, you toss all of your ingredients on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven. Similar to a one pot meal, sheet pan dinners all for a quick and easy clean up that is perfect for busy families!
My Sheet Pan Flank Steak + Roasted Potatoes & Veggies recipe is a super simple sheet pan meal that will totally get you hooked on this method. Not only is it super delicious, but it's simple to clean up.
The only tools you need to prepare this dish are a sheet pan, a knife, a bowl (which could later be used to serve) a pot to boil the potatoes and a serving spoon.
Not only is clean up a breeze, but there is very light prep work involved in this dish. The recipe is simple, fast, and full of scrumptious flavors! You can swap out the veggies with anything you may have on hand.
Simply coat your veggies with olive oil and herb blend, slice your flank steak and roast on a sheet pan for about 15 minutes. Yeah... that's totally it!
Now, I know what you're thinking... will the meat be tender? That all depends on how you cut your meat! Slice the width of the flank rather than the length. This is called "Across the Grain". By doing this, you'll cut across the fibers of the meat rather than cutting with them. This makes the fibers shorter so the meat is easier to chew.
Ingredients: 2 pounds of flank steak 2 pounds of small red potatoes 1 medium onion, sliced 1 red pepper, cubed 2 cups of broccoli 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1/4 cup olive oil 2 tbsp cumin 1 tbsp oregano Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat your oven to broil.
2. Spray your sheet pan with cooking spray.
3. Boil the potatoes, on the stove, for 20 minutes. I like to salt my water to give the potatoes a little extra flavor.
4. In a large bowl, combine 2 cloves of garlic, olive oil, and spices. Mix well. Add the vegetables, including the boiled potatoes. Stir to coat.
5. Place the veggies on a sheet pan.
6. Season the flank steak with salt, pepper and remaining 2 cloves of garlic. Cut the steak into thin slices and place on the sheet pan. Please see note above about how to cut a flank steak.
7. Cook in the boiler for 5 minutes. Flip the meat and continue to broil for 5 - 7 more minutes or until cooked to your preference.
This dish is YUM! Not yummy in the juvenile sense but just YUM! I love the flavors of the roasted veggies and the way the garlic pairs with the flank steak. I also love that you can toss in any veggies that you have on hand. I've used zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots. Basically, if you can roast it, it can be used!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later! You're going to want to have this delicious simple recipe on hand. Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more quick & easy recipes like this one!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turned out!