Luck of the Irish Leprechaun S'More Hats
Celebrate the luck of the Irish with these delicious, easy-to-make s'mores treats!
Hey, y'all! Do you have a sweet tooth? Or do you have a salty tooth? I have to admit, I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I'm the type of girl that tops her vanilla ice cream with berries and cheesecake rather than chocolate syrup, caramel, and brownie chunks.
Once in a blue moon, however, I crave something sweet. Something ooey, gooey and chocolatey. One of my guilty pleasures is s'mores. There's something so incredibly nostalgic about a graham cracker covered in roasted marshmallow goo and chocolate. I can seriously down a whole batch of my S'mores Trail Mix if I'm not careful.
One of my favorite things to do is to create s'more like desserts- treats that are a nod to this classic without the to-do of having a firepit. I simply take a Fudge Stripe cookie and top it with a large marshmallow. I coat the entire thing in melted chocolate and BAM! and instant s'more-like dessert.
These things are so easy to adapt to various holidays as well. You could make it into Abe Lincoln's hat for President's Day, a Pilgrim Hat for Thanksgiving and a leprechaun's hat for St. Patrick's Day. Since St. Patty's Day is right around the corner, I made little leprechaun hats for my last batch.
Aren't they totally adorable? And seriously, they couldn't be easier.
Fudge Striped Cookies Marshmallows Melting Chocolate Sprinkles White Frosting
1. Lay Fudge Striped Cookies on a piece of wax paper.
2. Melt chocolate according to package instructions, I prefer the double boiler method.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the top part of a Fudge Striped Cookie in melted chocolate. Dip a marshmallow into the chocolate, covering all sides. Place upright, in the center of the cookie. Repeat with as many cookies, as desired.
4. Place the cookies in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set. The chocolate will act as a glue to hold the marshmallow on to the cookie.
5. Decorate your leprechaun hat with sprinkles and icing, as desired.
Use the #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your leprechaun hats turn out!