13 Things I Keep in my Cruise Beach/Pool Bag
Are you heading out on a cruise or on a beach trip? Check out my list of beach and pool necessities!
Hey, y’all! Welcome to the latest installment of Travel Tuesday where I share travel tips, tricks, and information. Packing can be one of the most stressful parts of your trip. I mean… essentially you’re going to be living off of whatever you toss into your suitcase. Of course, there’s always the option of buying items in port but who wants to spend their trip shopping for toothpaste?
In the past, I’ve shared with you my Alaskan packing list and a list of things that I pack for Embarkation Day. For me, organization is the key when it comes to packing. I like to have everything I need at arms reach. I use packing cubes and individual bags to help me keep everything nice and organized. That way when it’s time to hit the beach or pool, I have exactly what I need. The same can be said for when I’m spending time in the jungle or on a walking tour. The faster I can be out the door, the better!
Today I’m going to share with you what I keep in my 13 Things I Keep in my Cruise Beach/Pool Bag. I mean… after all, that is the reason most of us go on a cruise, am I right? My beach bag is filled with both the essentials and items that you may not have thought about.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
1. Sunscreen- The first thing I always stash away in my bag is sunscreen. I carry around sunscreen of various strengths so I can switch it up depending on how much color I have already gotten during my trip. Trust me, there is nothing worse than being burnt like a lobster on Day 1 of your cruise.
2. A Towel- Of course, you have to bring a towel along, right? I don’t bring one of my own personal towels from home rather, I use one of the ship’s towels. That way I don’t have to worry about making space in my suitcase and the crew will launder it for me, as needed. These towels can be taken off the ship as well, just make sure you don’t lose it! There will be a fine if you do.
3. Aloe- I always, always, always pack aloe with me on a cruise. I keep it in my fridge when I’m in the cabin and take it into port with me. I got absolutely fried in Aruba. Despite the fact that I was wearing sunscreen, I got burnt to a crisp. I was miserable in my next port, Grand Turk. Since then, I always make sure I have aloe on me juuuuuuuusssssssstttt in case.
4. A metal tumbler or water bottle- Remaining hydrated is super important while traveling, especially if you’re going to be drinking. I bring a water bottle with me into port and a carry a tumbler around when I’m poolside. I use a metal tumbler so it stays cold longer and I replenish the Tervis with water or juice throughout the day so I don’t risk getting dehydrated.
5. Towel Clips- Towel clips are the latest addition to my beach and pool bag. They are most definitely a novelty, and not totally a necessity but it is nice to not have to worry about your towel flying overboard.
6. Hair Brush- I hate how tangly my hair gets after swimming in salt water. I like to run a brush through my hair before leaving the beach or before leaving the pool area.
7. Hair Tie- Ladies! Always, always, always bring a hair tie along. The decks of the ship can be very windy and your hair will be a hot tangled mess if you don’t wear it up. This is always super handy to have when you’re going on boating excursions.
8. Sarong/Cover Up- I bought the cutest sarong in St. Thomas and I bring that thing with me everywhere. It’s great to have on hand so you can throw it on real quick if you need a refill or some fruit (or pizza!) from the buffet. Sarongs are super versatile! They can be used as a cover-up, a scarf, a headwrap, an extra storage bag and even a sling (trust me, I’ve done it!).
9. Ear Buds- Bust out your earbuds and crank up your beach playlist! Earbuds are a great way to drown out background noise and get the most of your “me time”. If you don’t have earbuds at the pool, no worries- there is usually a band or some tunes playing.
10. A Book- I always have a book on hand when I’m on vacation! Easy reads like The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich, and anything by Chelsea Handler are great to read while relaxing in the sun.
11. Gallon Size Bag- I pack a ton of these when I cruise. They are great for keeping documents and phones safe and dry, preserving small souvenirs and for storing wet bathing suits and clothes. They take up practically no space and are super light weight- so why not?
12. A Hat- Hats are a must for the beach or pool. They are a great way to keep the sun out of your eyes and for keeping your hair somewhat tamed.
13. Snorkel Gear- Okay, so obviously I don't use my snorkel gear in the pool (that stops being cool at like the age of 12) but it is great to have on hand at the beach. If you book a snorkeling excursion, the company will most likely provide you with the equipment however, I still like to bring my own. It's also great to have on hand when you're just doing a beach day. I bought this full face snorkel mask for my upcoming trip and I can't wait to try it out!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**