Corn Puddin' aka Corn Casserole
This quick and easy Corn Casserole is the BEST! It is so delicious that it is the only recipe you'll ever need! This dish is perfect for barbecues and often served for holiday meals here in the south.
Hey, y'all! Ugh, it's so stinking hot down here in Florida. We had a hurricane roll through here earlier this week (before Hurricane Season even started!). I don't know if y'all have ever had to deal with a hurricane but those jokers bring through a wave of humidity that will lay your behind out real quick.
Hello Sweat Fest.
This weekend, my family got together for a barbecue in honor of Memorial Day. Between rain bands, the guys grilled up delicious kabobs while us ladies sipped on red, white, and blue layered cocktails. I brought along delicious fruit kabobs and Corn Casserole to add to the feast.
I have to tell you, my mom and my brother were so excited that I brought this dish over! My mom never really made it growing up, simply because she didn't think we would eat it. Boy was she wrong. We tore this stuff up!
I love, love, love, Corn Casserole! It is one of my favorite ways to eat corn. Corn Casserole is a scrumptious combination of corn, cheddar cheese, sour cream and cornbread (along with a few other ingredients). Sound familiar? You may also know this dish as Corn Pudding (or Corn Puddin') as we say in the south. I interchange the name of it although I think I typically call it Corn Puddin'.
This dish is traditionally served at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, but also makes a great side dish for barbecues and potlucks. It is super easy to make and feeds a crowd making it a winner in my book! The best part? You only need 7 ingredients to make it and it can all be prepared in one dish. Score!
1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup) 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (yes, you should buy the Jiffy brand, it makes all the difference- ask any southerner) 1 can corn (not drained) 1 can cream corn 1 egg 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Place butter in a medium/large casserole. Place the casserole dish in the oven to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the casserole from the oven.
3. Add Jiffy mix, corn, creamed corn, egg and half of the cheddar cheese to the casserole. Stir until well combined.
4. Dollop the sour cream evenly over the top of the corn. Using the backside of the spoon, gently swirl the sour cream into the casserole. Do not mix it in entirely. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake on the middle rack for 35 to 40 minutes or until the middle is cooked through. To test it for doneness, simply shake the casserole. If it jiggles, place it back in the oven for a few minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to set for 5 minutes before serving.
I have a feeling your family is really going to like this recipe! You're most definitely going to want to pin it for later. Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more simple, delicious recipes. See you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how yours turned out!