Sweet + Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken
Sweet honey and spicy sriracha come together to form the ultimate sweet and spicy chicken dish!
Hey, y'all! In case you couldn't tell, we're a chicken family. We eat chicken at least 4 to 5 times a week. The other day's menus are filled with pasta, ground beef or something meatless. Because we eat so much chicken, I'm constantly having to come up with different ways of preparing it. One of my favorite flavor profiles for chicken is Asian. I love the sweet and spicy flavors of the Far East. Some of my favorite recipes are; Better Than Take Out Baked Orange Chicken, Sweet Thai Chili Chicken, Honey Garlic Chicken with Vegetables, Super Simple Teriyaki Chicken, and Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos with Pineapple + Broccoli Slaw.
Asian-inspired dishes are often simple to prepare, are jam-packed with delicious flavors and often don't take long to cook. While it's always easy to just pick up the phone and order take-out, preparing the meals yourself is a much healthier (and typically tastier) option. Plus, you can customize the flavor to meet your heat preference- if you like things spicy you can kick up the amount of sriracha or red pepper flakes. If you prefer the flavors to be milder or a bit sweeter, you can load up on the honey. Whichever your preference is, you can easily adjust this recipe, and many other Asian dishes, to fit your taste.
Doesn't it look divine? This dish is way better than any take out dishes I've ordered. It is incredibly easy to make and tastes way better than take-out! I would much rather have this than a bowl of MSG any day!
I love to serve the chicken with a scoop of brown rice or yummy fried rice and a serving of steamed vegetables. I challenge you... put away your take-out menu and give this recipe a try!
3-4 chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces 1 cup water + 2 tbsp 2-3 tbsp sriracha 5 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp garlic, minced 1/4 cup sugar 2-3 tbsp honey 2 tbsp cornstarch + 1/3 cup cornstarch Optional: Red Pepper Flakes
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine 1 cup of water, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and honey. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp cornstarch and the remaining 2 tbsp of water until dissolved. Add the mixture to the saucepan and stir until thickened. Reduce the heat to low.
3. Place diced chicken and 1/3 cup cornstarch in a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
4. Drizzle a large skillet with oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
5. Add the sauce to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to coat.
6. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, sesame seeds or green onions if desired. Serve over a bed of rice.
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turned out