Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
These incredible Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious low carb way to enjoy one of America's favorite sandwiches! Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! Welcome to Saturday's Snacks, a mini-series where each weekend I share a brand spanking new appetizer recipe perfect for game day! Today's recipe is so delicious I could literally eat it every day- in fact, it's on our dinner menu for this coming week. Truth be told, I don't actually like Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches but I love, love, love these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.
I think it's the heaviness of the bread that turns me off for Philly Cheesesteaks, which is probably why this low carb veggie packed option is so appealing to me. I have made these guys for Game Day, an easy weeknight dinner and even prepped them ahead of time and ate them for lunch at work.
In case you couldn't tell, I've been on kind of a low-carb kick lately. At game time I've been munching of fabulous foods like Fiesta Stuffed Peppers and Taco Meatballs. Lemme tell you, this low-carb thing doesn't suck. I am eating pretty damn well!
This recipe is super easy! All you need is a few peppers, some pre-sliced mushrooms from the produce department, slices of sandwich style roast beef, some onion, and mozzarella cheese.
If you're preparing these for game time, it's probably best to prepare them ahead of time and have them ready for the first quarter. Or, you could do steps 1-4 before the game, stash the peppers in the fridge for the first half and pop them in the oven at halftime. Hell, it doesn't matter when you make them.... just know that they will be AWESOME!
If you're into the whole Philly Cheesesteak thing, be sure to check out my Philadelphia Cheesesteak Queso recipe!
How Do I Prepare the Bell Peppers?
There are actually two options here. You can cut your peppers in half or you can choose to just remove the top of the pepper. Either way, make sure you remove all of the pith (the ribs) and the seeds inside.
I typically cut them in half for lunch and cut the tops off for dinner, for no particular reason.
2 tbsp olive oil, divided 8 green bell peppers, cut in half 1/2 pound roast beef deli meat 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/2 red pepper, sliced 1 small red onion, sliced 2 cups mozzarella, shredded Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut green peppers in half. Wash well and remove the seeds. Dry off complete with a paper towel. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake in a 9x13 dish covered with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, Add remaining olive oil to a large frying pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add roast beef and cook until meat is brown. About 2 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan.
4. Add mushrooms, onions and sliced red pepper to the pan. Sautee for about 3 minutes, or until the pepper is tender. Add roast beef to the pan and stir to combine.
5. Remove the peppers from the oven. Fill each pepper with the beef and veggie mixture. Top the peppers with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram or Twitter for more quick and easy recipes! Subscribe to the blog so you don't miss out on next week's Saturday's Snacks recipe.
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your peppers turned out