Super Spooky Rice Krispie Treats
Hey, y'all! I bet you thought I was done with fun fall-inspired Rice Krispie recipes, didn't you? Well, it just so happens that Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats aren't the only goodies in my wheel house. Nothing says Halloween like orange Rice Krispies dotted with candy eyeballs, am I right?
Aren't the glorious?? To create these spooky goodies, simply prepare Rice Krispie treats like you typically would. Just be sure you add in a couple of drops of food coloring into the marshmallow mixture before you add in the cereal. A couple of drops of red and double the amount of yellow should do the trick, you can always add more if you want your pumpkins to turn out a little darker. Try using 6 drops of red and 12 drops of yellow first and go from there.
Check out this bubbling cauldron of sweetness! These sweet treats would be perfect for costume parties! They can be easily dressed up by adding plastic spiders or simple holiday props. Nothing is off limits when it comes to Halloween! Get wild!
1/4 stick of butter 1 bag of large marshmallows Red & Yellow Food Coloring 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal Candy Eye Balls
1. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
2. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat. Add several drops of red food coloring and double the amount of yellow food coloring. I used about 6 red and 12 yellow. Mix well.
3. Add the cereal and stir until well combined.
4. Coat an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Gently press the cereal mixture into the baking dish.
5. Allow to cool. Once cooled, top the cereal mixture with candy eyes.