Cheesy Sausage + Egg Casserole with Cream Cheese
This fabulous breakfast casserole is filled with all of your favorite breakfast flavors! Egg, sausage, potatoes, cheddar, and smooth cream cheese come together to make an instant breakfast classic. Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! I've been on a breakfast kick lately, or at least I'm trying to be. Last week I shared with you a fabulous little Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake that is guaranteed to knock your socks off. Before that, however, it had been quite some time since I shared a breakfast recipe. Don't get me wrong, I can make some mean breakfast casseroles, I just typically don't . I'm more of a coffee for breakfast kinda gal.
A couple of weeks back, my coworkers and I scheduled an early morning meeting and one of them jokingly asked me to bring breakfast. How could I say no to that? I decided to whip up a wonderful casserole that features all of my favorite breakfast flavors; eggs, hash browns, sausage and of course cheese.
The secret ingredient to this recipe is cream cheese. The cream cheese helps elevate this homestyle casserole by adding an unexpected little of tang to it.
1 lb sausage 1/2 30 oz bag shredded hash browns, thawed 1 8oz block of cream cheese, cubed 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese 12 eggs 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat breaking it into crumbles as it cooks. Drain the sausage of excess fat and set aside.
3. Combine hash browns, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Gently fold in cream cheese cubes until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
4. Spread the hash browns into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top evenly with browned sausage and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese. Give the mixture a little stir.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is cooked through.
Be sure to save this pin for later. Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more fast and fabulous recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered right to your mailbox. See you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your recipe turned out!