My Goals for 2019 + a Review of 2018's Goals
Hey, y'all! Happy New Year's Eve! Around this time of year, folks tend to put pen to paper and jot down a list of resolutions for the New Year. Often times these are lofty goals that we have no chance of achieving. It's important to establish attainable goals so that we have a better chance of being successful. Check out these tips for Creating Attainable Goals in just 5 Simple Steps.
Last year I set some goals for Maps & Monograms using these strategies. My SMART goals were:
1. I will triple by page views by December 25th. I will do this by creating engaging posts, marketing via social media and establishing relationships with my readers and bloggers in my niche.
2. I will earn $5000 by December 25th through sponsored posts, affiliate sales, and sales.
3. I will increase my mailing list by 300 people by December 25th by hosting giveaways and creating opt-ins.
4. I will increase my social media following by 100% by December 25th by marketing my blog in various groups and engaging with others in my niche.
So...how did I do?
1. I will triple by page views by December 25th. My page views were up by 510% this year. My most popular posts were Gole Ole Fashioned Chicken and Rice Casserole, Sandy Beaches Champagne Punch, Quick & Easy Gender Reveal Ideas, Crock Pot Crack Chicken, and Super Easy Teriyaki Chicken. Of these two posts, 3 of them were posted this year. The other two generate a lot of traffic from Pinterest. (Achieved)
2. I will earn $5000 by December 25th. Last December was a fluke. I just so happened to bring in quite a bit of money that month. When I wrote this goal, I based it on the hope that this year would follow the same pattern. I fell short on this goal...by a lot. I generated $818.75. To be honest, I didn't put any effort into establishing partnerships or collaborations. This is something I hope to focus more on in the New Year. (Whomp, Whomp)
3. I will increase my mailing list by 300 people. Let me just tell you, subscription lists are fickle little things. People subscribe and unsubscribe from subscription lists on a daily basis. In 2017 I had 111 subscribers. I currently have 431 subscribers. Of these subscribers, about 130 of them are active, meaning they regularly read my emails and click through to posts. (Achieved).
4. I will increase my social media following by 100%. To be honest, this was another lofty goal, and I'm not really sure if I achieved it because I didn't track this information. I do know that I gained a butt ton of Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest followers. My Instagram numbers fluctuate frequently and to be honest, I have pretty much the same number of followers. I need to focus more on Instagram and Twitter this year. (Possibly?)
Based on my 2018 goals and where I want to see my blog go in 2019. My goals for this year are:
1. I will increase social media followers by 25% by December 31, 2019, by marketing my blog in various groups and engaging with others in my niche. My current numbers are Facebook 3820, Instagram 5432, Twitter 6540, Pinterest 342 K monthly viewers, 10k monthly engaged.
2. I will increase my email subscribers by 25% by December 31, 2019, by hosting giveaways and creating opt-ins.
3. I will publish quality posts at least 3 times a week each week throughout the year.
4. I will send 3 emails each month.
5. I will increase my revenue by 25% by December 31, 2019, through sponsored posts, affiliate sales, and sales.
I look forward to sharing more delicious recipes, fun projects, and travel inspiration with you in the New Year. I hope that you'll continue to follow our journey as foster parents and as new homeowners. Here's to a wonderful 2019!