Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken
This Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken is a super fun weeknight dinner that requires little prep and will be loved by all! Chicken is filled with cheese, cream cheese, and jalapeños, then wrapped up with bacon and baked to perfection. Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! Happy New Year! I have been on a jalapeño kick lately. This week alone I've made a Jalapeño Popper Breakfast Casserole and this incredible Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken. Last night, we sat down to an incredible dinner featuring this tasty dish, loaded baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. We're in the middle of a warm streak (it was 82 here yesterday), so we enjoyed dinner under the stars on our new back patio. It was a perfect evening!
Now...don't let this dish intimidate you. It's actually really simple to prepare. In fact, the prep time takes about 10 minutes! Simply pound your chicken breasts so that they are nice and thin. Next, top it with cream cheese, jalapeños and cheddar cheese. Lastly, wrap the stuffed chicken breast in bacon and toss it in the oven to bake off.
The key to preparing this dish is making sure you are working with a nice, thin breast. It will make it easier to wrap the chicken around the filling and to wrap the bacon around the chicken.
Pro Tip: Make sure you use a brick of cream cheese, not whipped cream cheese. You'll have less of the cream cheese leak out of the breast this way.
As long as your chicken is completely wrapped around the stuffing and your bacon is nice and tight, your filling will remain in the breast. Wrapping the bacon around the breast is the most challenging part of this recipe but it's really important to get it right.
Short Cuts: Use canned jalapeños instead of fresh or purchase thin chicken breasts so you don't have to pound them out yourself!
Yields 4 servings
4 boneless skinless breasts 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 4 rectangular strips 4 jalapeños 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 8 slices of bacon
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
2. Dice 4 jalapeños. If you don't want your dish to be spicy, remove the seeds.
3. Cover your chicken breasts with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Pound them thin with a cast iron pan or a meat mallet. Pound the breasts until they double in size.
4. Remove the cover from the chicken. Place 1 rectangular strip of cream cheese on top of each pounded breast. Top with jalapeños and cheddar cheese. Wrap the chicken around the filling.
5. Use 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
7. After 45 minutes, drain off any excess bacon fat from the pan. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp to your liking.
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Be sure to save this pin for later. Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more fast and fabulous recipes. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered right to your mailbox. See you next time! Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your recipe turned out!