Easy to Make Taco Stuffed Peppers
These incredible Taco Stuffed Peppers are a delicious low carb way to enjoy one of my favorite Mexican dishes! Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! I've been really into two different foods lately; peppers and Mexican-inspired dishes. It only made sense to try to combine them to create Mexican stuffed peppers that are out of this world.
Although I often make these for Taco Tuesday dinners, I also love prepping them for lunches. Dishes like this and Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are simple to throw together, taste great and are perfect for meal prep. Some of my other favorite lunch ideas are Beef Burrito Bowls, Pork Egg Roll Bowls, and Low Carb Chicken Burrito Bowls.
This recipe is super easy, all you need is a few bell peppers, some taco meat, and your favorite taco toppings. Instead of cramming a small taco shell full of flavors, you pile them into a roomy pepper. Simple enough, right?
How Do I Prepare the Bell Peppers?
There are actually two options here. You can cut your peppers in half or you can choose to just remove the top of the pepper. Either way, make sure you remove all of the pith (the ribs) and the seeds inside.
I typically cut them in half for lunch and cut the tops off for dinner, for no particular reason.
Of course, it wouldn't be a taco without all of the toppings, am I right? Here are some of my favorite toppings.
Lettuce Cheese Tomatoes Onions Jalapenos Sour Cream Olives Salsa Cilantro
6 large bell peppers 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium yellow onion, diced 2 pounds ground beef 1 packet taco seasoning Toppings
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Wash and prepare 5 large bell peppers, cutting the pepper and removing the seeds and pith. (See the note above about cutting the pepper). Remove the pith and seeds from the sixth pepper and dice it. Set the diced pepper aside.
3. Dry off complete with a paper towel. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake in a baking sheet with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet. Saute the garlic, chopped pepper, and onion over medium heat.
5. Add the meat to the skillet and cook until the meat is browned. Drain the excess oil. Add the taco seasoning and oil/water according to the package instructions. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Spoon the beef and veggie mixture into the cooked bell peppers.
7. Bake the stuffed peppers for about 20 minutes.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram or Twitter for more quick and easy recipes! Subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your peppers turned out
I’m sharing this amazing family meal over on a few of my favorite weekly link parties. Click the links below to join us for all the fun!
Meal Plan Monday