Guy Fieri's Plain Jane Burger Secret Recipe
Now you can enjoy your favorite burger at home! Check out Guy Fieri's secret recipe for his famous Plain Jane Burger!
Hey, y'all! Feast your eyes on what is seriously one of the best burgers I've ever eaten! I know what you're thinking... "You're sharing a burger recipe on Travel Tuesday? You've lost your mind!" But what if I tell you one of my favorite things about cruising is this burger here. Yeah...it's true. This burger is that damn good.
You see, many of Carnival's ships feature a casual dining place called Guy's Burger Joint. Cruisers line up by the dozens to feast on one of these incredible sandwiches and delicious fries. Once the burger has been placed on your tray, you can head on over to the topping bar to jazz it up however you please. When I order my burger, I always get the Plain Jane with S.M.C (Super Melty Cheese). The Plain Jane is a 80/20 ground chuck patty served on a buttered grilled roll. Sounds simple enough, right? It is simple, in fact, it's so simple that you can make this burger at home!
Look how beautifully the light is hitting this glorious burger!
Yield: 4 servings
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
Salt, to taste
8 slices cheddar cheese
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth + 2 tbsp water
4 brioche hamburger buns
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
Popular Guy Fieri Add Ons:
Super Melty Cheese (SMC) Sauce:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk, warmed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch grated nutmeg
3 ounces grated yellow American cheese
1/4 cup minced roasted garlic (use a little less if not using pre-prepared roasted garlic as it is stronger in flavor and less subtle than fresh)
1 cup prepared mayonnaise
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon regular hot dog mustard
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 pinches ground black pepper
1. Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions (8 oz each). Form into 4 tight balls. Season with salt.
2. Place in a hot cast iron skillet seasoned with bacon fat over high heat. Allow it to brown for 1 minute. Then, flatten the ball with a flat, metal spatula. Press the patty down with a burger press. The patty should be flattened to approximately 1/3 inch thickness. Continue to press down with a spatula as the patty cooks.
3. Cook the patty until the burger develops a crust on the side (about 1 1/2 minutes). Flip over and cook the second side to develop the crust (about 1 minute).
4. Top with cheese. Add the chicken stock and water mixture to the pan and immediately cover the pan with a lid to create steam. Allow the burger to cook for about 1 minute, or until the cheese has melted.
5. Remove the patties from the skillet. In a small dish, combine the garlic and butter. Brush the sides buns lightly with garlic butter. Toast the buns in the pan until golden brown.
6. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Be sure to save this yummy pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy to make recipes. You can also subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox. See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turns out