Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole
This Apple Fritter Casserole is the perfect dish for holidays or brunch. Loaded with tender apples wrapped in delicious cinnamon rolls and topped with a sweet frosting, this breakfast recipe will become an instant family favorite.
Hey, y'all! Our weekend playdates have now escalated into one of my new favorite traditions: Weekend Brunch with Framily! This weekend we were joined by our friends S&C, their 7 kids, and our buddies J&D. I love how comfortable all of the kids are with us. Two of their boys ran around to the back of the house and immediately started playing and another one of them rushed into the kitchen, grabbed a waffle and an apple and turned on the TV.
Our brunches are so much fun! The kids play in the pool, in the bounce house or with all of our outdoor toys while we sit around eating great food and drinking mimosas. This weekend, I had a couple of requests for the menu. Ashley wanted Chicken & Waffle Sliders, and C wanted my Sausage, Cheese, and Hashbrown Casserole. I, however, was craving something a little sweeter: Apple Fritter Casserole.
This recipe was inspired by Apple Pie Monkey Bread. Instead of using traditional biscuit dough, I substitute cinnamon rolls. I love the way the cinnamon and sugar elevate this dish to a whole new level. People have absolutely devoured this dish every time I've made it.
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, this dish tastes great with vanilla ice cream piled on top!
2 12.4 oz cans of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls 1 20 oz can apple pie filling 1/2 cup butter, melted 1/3 cup brown sugar 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 13x9 casserole with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Chop the cinnamon rolls into eighths. Place the cinnamon roll wedges in a large mixing bowl.
3. Place the can of apple pie filling in the bowl. Top with melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until the cinnamon roll pieces are well coated.
4. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the cinnamon rolls are cooked through.
5. Drizzle the icing (from the cinnamon roll container) over the casserole. Serve warm.
Be sure to save this yummy pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy to make recipes. You can also subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox. See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turns out