Hello, friends! Once a month my friends and I all get together for game night at my place. Each time I try to make something new for the gang to try. My best-friend is a picky eater. I always joke around that she eats like a 5 year old. Chicken nuggets, burgers, french fries, pasta and club sandwiches pretty much make up her diet. Amazingly she still manages to be super-thin... it simply isn't fair!
Anyhow, I wanted to make sure I made something that she would eat. She eats ham and cheese sandwiches and pretzels almost every day for lunch so I decided to go with that angle and make Ham & Cheese Pretzel Roll Ups.
1 tube of Thin Crust pizza crust
8 oz cheddar cheese slices
9 oz of sliced ham
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Unroll pizza dough onto a clean, flat work space.
3. Place the ham and cheese on top of the dough evenly.
4. Carefully and tightly, roll up the dough to form a log. Pinch the seam to seal.
5. Slice the log into equal pieces and place the pieces cut side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the dough with a beaten egg and then sprinkle the tops and side of the dough with coarse salt. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
6. Brush the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with a tad more coarse salt, if desired.
7. Serve immediately.
These "pretzel" bites are amazing! We tore these bad boys up at our last game night! They were so stinkin' good! You could serve these with a melted cheese dip or ranch, if desired, but I chose to serve them as is.
This recipe would be a great way to use up left over ham and would be a perfect appetizer for your next get together.
Make sure you save this pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter and Instagram so you don't miss out on any delicious recipes! Don't forget to subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your mailbox.
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your recipe turned out!