**This post may contain affiliate links**
Hello, friends! You know what I love? Freakin' Orange Chicken! I could tear that stuff up. Unfortunately, when you order it from a take out place it's typically jam packed with MSG and a bunch of crap I'd rather not have in my body.
This dish is perfect to start after you pick the kids up from school, or late in the the early afternoon. This is not a meal that you want to leave in the crock pot all day, due to the sugar in the BBQ sauce and marmalade, the chicken will take on a burnt taste.
1 pound chicken breast, thawed and cut into bite sized pieces
3/4 cup orange marmalade
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup of single serve mandarin oranges (optional)
1. Cut thawed chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Cook them in your slow cooker on medium for about 1 1/2 hours stirring halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, mix together 3/4 cups of BBQ sauce, 3/4 cups of marmalade and, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce until well blended.
3. After 1 1/2 hours, drain the chicken juices from your crock pot and pour your mixture in the crock pot with your chicken. Stir until the chicken is well coated with sauce.
4. Cook on medium for an additional 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
5. Serve with the sides of your choice.
1. I like to stir in 1 single serving of mandarin oranges (and the juice from the cup) about 30 minutes before serving to add a little freshness to the dish.
2. I repeat, this is not a dish that you leave unattended for 7 hours the crock pot.
3. Depending on which BBQ sauce you use, your sauce may appear runny or darker than pictured. If this is the case, turn off the crock pot (after chicken is fully cooked) and allow the meal to rest. This should help thicken up your sauce.
4. This dish is excellent served with rice, broccoli, carrots and asparagus!
Be sure to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more yummy crock pot recipes. See you next time!