Hey, y'all! In case you haven't noticed, I'm all about side dishes! This summer I've shared recipes like Nacho Mama's Taco Salad, Jacked Up Asparagus, Grilled Watermelon Salad with Feta, Brousin Cheese Mashed Potatoes, and several other super fun sides perfect for summer. To me, sides are a huge part of the meal! Many people simply focus on the main dish and totally miss the opportunity to "wow" everyone with incredible side dishes. Today's recipe one of those sides that will have everyone coming back for seconds and thirds. In fact, you may just want to go ahead and double the recipe and cross your fingers that there will be leftovers!
This No Mayo Broccoli Salad is one of my favorite salad recipes. It's vibrant, fresh, and colorful and boasts unbelievable flavors. With just a few chops of the knife and a couple of quick stirs, you're left with a fun, healthy salad full of broccoli, apples, blueberries, and more. Is your mouth salivating yet?
What makes this salad even better is that it has zero mayo! I've never been a fan of mayo. Unless it's in a dish, like Redneck Salad, where you don't even taste it, I want nothing to do with this white nastiness! My hatred for mayo is why I've started creating dishes like Loaded Baked Potato Salad and Shredded Bliss Salad.
Are you ready to see what this salad is all about? Let's get the party started!
1 1/2 pounds of fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
1/2 cup of dried cranberries
1 large apple, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups of Kraft Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
1. Place broccoli, blueberries, red onion, and cranberries into a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, toss the apple with 1 tbsp of lemon juice to help prevent them from browning.
3. Add the apples to the salad.
Isn't it gorgeous already?
4. Pour the dressing into salad. I always start off with 1 1/2 cups but you could always add more if you want.
5. Stir the salad until well combined. Allow the salad to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so that the flavors have an opportunity to meld into a scrumptious, cohesive salad perfect for pool parties, barbecues, picnics or lunch!
6. Serve with your favorite summer dishes!
Isn't it lovely y'all? I made this salad for the 4th of July and tore it up! I thought the apples, dried cranberries, blueberries and dressing were a fun way to represent the red, white, and blue. Ashley and I tore the broccoli salad up. So much so that when I got home from the barbecue we went to, I had to make another batch so that we could enjoy it for lunch the next day!
I have a feeling that this salad will be in my lunch box a lot this school year! It is an absolutely delightful (and healthy!) salad and it is totally gluten free. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go whip up a batch of this deliciousness.
Be sure to like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more yummy recipes. See you next time!