See how I gussy up this classic American side with bacon, green onion, cheese and creamy ranch!
Hey, y'all! Welcome to Saturday's Snacks where I share appetizer recipes perfect for the big game! Whether your watching college football or NFL, these dishes are sure to be a hit! So far, this series has featured my deliciously creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip and my incredible Loaded Baked Potato Dip. Dips aren't the only thing I have up my sleeve, check out these super cute Loaded Tater Tot Skewers!
Growing up I loved to eat tater tots. I remember always being beyond excited when it was tater tot day in the cafeteria. Now I can't eat them without thinking of my boy Napoleon Dynamite!
Raise your hand if you instantly thought, "Napoleon, gimme some of your tots!" as soon as you read tater tots.
Let me just say that Napoleon would go crazy for these tots although I'm pretty sure they'd be a little bit messier in his pants pocket. Okay, okay, enough with the movie references. Let's get started, shall we?
1 package of tater tots
6 slices of bacon, prepared
6 green onions, sliced thin
1 cup shredded cheddar
Ranch (I used 16 oz of sour cream and 1 packet of ranch powder so we had extra for our other goodies)
1. Prepare the tater tots following the directions on the bag. You'll want them to be somewhat crisp so that they'll be easier to slide onto a skewer without breaking.
2. Remove the tots from the oven. Carefully transfer the tots to a clean surface. Spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Place 5 or 6 tots on each skewer. I skewered them horizontally since there was more surface space to work with. Once skewered, place them back on your baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle your tater tots will fully cooked bacon and green onions.
5. Cover the tots with cheese. Feel free to use more than 1 cup. Go freakin' crazy!
6. Place the tots back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. The more melted it is, the better the rest of the toppings will stick to them!
7. Serve immediately with a ranch dipping sauce.
These loaded tots are so much fun to munch on during the game! We served them with Hamburger Sliders and Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
Yes I ate my burger bunless... I gotta save some calories somewhere, right? Oh and those beans? TO DIE FOR! I'm going to work on getting my brother's recipe for y'all because they are truly the greatest baked beans I've ever had. I request them from him all the time!
Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter so you don't miss out on our next Saturday's Snacks! See you next time!