This honey garlic chicken is a super healthy dinner options that your whole family will love!
Hey, y'all! By now it's no secret that I love Asian-inspired cuisine! I love the fresh veggies, the bold flavors and the incredible sauces that bring the dishes all together. Some of my favorite recipes are Better Than Take Out Orange Chicken, Sweet Thai Chili Chicken, and Sweet Potato Pad Thai. One of my favorite flavor combinations to play around with is honey garlic. I love how the sweetness of the honey and the slight spiciness of the garlic play together on my taste buds. I love making Honey Garlic Meatballs and Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken.
Although this dish has similar ingredients to my crock pot recipe, the flavor is completely different. The sauce is much lighter and the veggies at a freshness to the recipe that I absolutely love! Speaking of veggies, you can toss whatever veggies that you like into this dish. You could easily incorporate mushrooms, onions, asparagus, bell peppers, snow peas and cauliflower into this dish! Oh, did I mention that the sauce is made up of only 4 ingredients? It truly couldn't be any easier and it tastes just like something you'd get from a hibachi grill!
Let's get started, shall we?
1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil, divided
1 cup thinly sliced & peeled carrots (I used matchstick, but you could used sliced)
2 cups broccoli florets
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (you can substitute water)
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Remove the veggies from the pan. Place them on a plate and cover.
3. Turn the heat up to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
4. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the hot pan. They will cook better if they are in a single layer so if you are upping this recipe, you may want to cook the chicken in batches. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Add garlic to the pan. Reintroduce the vegetables to the pan.
6. In a bowl, whisk together chicken broth, honey and soy sauce.
7. In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of cold water with the corn starch.
8. Pour soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Cook for about 30 seconds.
9. Add the cornstarch. Stir and bring the sauce to a boil. Cook for an additional minute or until the sauce has started to thicken.
10. Serve immediately.
Doesn't it look fabulous? I love matching a big batch of this so I have leftovers to take to work! This is truly one of my favorite quick and easy dinner recipes. You're most definitely going to want to pin this one for later!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more great dinner recipes. I'll see you next time!