Hey, y'all! Welcome to Saturday's Snacks where each week I share with you a recipe perfect for munching on during the big game. Last week when I shared my Loaded Caramel Apple Nachos for Saturday's Snacks, I warned you that I'd be getting a little more sophisticated this week. Let me just say, that I totally brought it this week y'all!
Over the last couple of weeks, I've shared with you recipes like BBQ Chicken Pinwheels, Chicken and Waffle Sliders, Loaded Tater Tot Skewers and Jalapeno Popper Dip. Those are classic football game dishes if I do say so myself. Every once in awhile I like to break away from the traditional (or fresh takes on traditional dishes) and whip up a fall inspired snack like Dulce de Leche & Pecan Cheesecake Dip and the Loaded Caramel Apple Nachos. This week I went the fall route again and made Fall Inspired Brie Bites to munch on while we watched the Jaguars beat up the Colts.
I began with a simple crescent roll. Can I just say how much I love those little guys? They are so extremely versatile. You can literally stuff just about anything in there and make a rockin' appetizer. Next, I sliced pieces of green apples and bite-sized wedges of brie. I simply layered a piece of apple and a slice of brie on top of the crescent dough. Then, I added a little drizzle of honey and sprinkled a couple of crushed walnuts on top before rolling the crescent dough up into little bundles of yumminess. I tossed these bad boys into the oven and baked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and served them warm.
Holy mother of pearl y'all! These things were amazing! The brie melted perfectly onto the apple and the walnuts and apple gave it a delightful little crunch. I honestly could have eaten a whole batch of these myself, they were that good! And really, could they be any easier?
1 tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 green apple, sliced
1 wedge of brie (I bought 5 oz and it was plenty)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice 1 green apple. Slice the brie into small pieces.
3. Separate your crescent dough into individual triangles.
4. Place one apple slice on each piece of dough. Be sure the slices are on the wide part of the dough. Cover each apple slice with a slice of brie. Drizzle a little honey on top of the brie and sprinkle a couple of crushed walnuts on top.
5. Roll each of the pieces into crescents. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake the bites of goodness for 10 minutes or until the outside is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more fun recipes like this one! Also, don't forget to pin this recipe for later. Not only is it perfect for the fall, but it would be an excellent appetizer come this holiday season!