Hey, y'all! How was your Thanksgiving? We had an amazing holiday filled with a ton of food, laughter and, of course, football. As you may have gathered from my Saturday's Snacks series, my family loves getting together to watch the game. I created this fun, festive little trail mix for us to munch on as we watched the Cowboys on the big screen.
If that picture doesn't get your mouth watering, I don't know what will! This mix screams fall, with yellows, browns and oranges and cornucopia-shaped Bugles. This is the ultimate mix of sweet, salty and crunchy but be forewarned that this makes a huge batch!
Rice Chex Cereal (12 oz box)
Pretzels (4 cups)
Bugles (7 oz bag)
Reese's Pieces (8 oz bag)
Candy Corn (1 cup)
Candy Corn Pumpkins (1 cup)
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp vanilla extract
I actually made this batch without the candy corn pumpkins or candy corn and it tasted AMAZING! I think I actually prefer it without.
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in medium-size bowl.
3. Add brown sugar and vanilla extract to the butter and whisk until well combined.
4. Split the Chex, pretzels, and Bugles into two very large bowls.
5. Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
6. Divide the mixture between two baking sheets covered with parchment paper. SPread into even layers.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool. Add the mixture to the same large bowls you previously used and stir in the candy pieces.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Repeat all of the previous steps because you're going to want more, for sure!
I'm telling you all, it's a darn good thing that this makes so much because you won't be able to stop eating it! Each time I've made it it disappears in an instant. Baking the mixture gives it an extra crunch that will keep you coming back for more. The brown sugar, vanilla and butter mixture makes this mix irresistible! This Harvest Mix would make an excellent treat for your favorite co-workers and friends!
Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more delicious recipes. See you next time!