Do you need a simple but delicious dinner recipe for a busy evening? This Baked Creamy Spaghetti Casserole uses ingredients you probably already have on hand and requires very little prep!
Hey, y'all! December is here which means our lives have officially got put into overdrive. Knowing this, I wanted to share a quick and effortless dinner idea with you that you can make ahead of time with ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
I have be honest, the first time I saw Ashley put cream cheese in our spaghetti I nearly lost it. Who in their right mind adds cream cheese to spaghetti? I take back all of those reservations. The pasta turns out incredibly creamy and flavorful! I played around with Ashley's idea a little and came up with my own version of this delectable Baked Creamy Spaghetti Casserole--- and I use the term casserole lightly because apparently there are people out there who won't try a recipe if they hear it is a casserole (Ahem, I'm talking about you pops!).
This recipe makes enough for 6 which is perfect for us because it made enough for my family of 2 to have dinner and lunch for 2 days. I probably don't have to mention that pasta tastes even better the next day... right?
Doesn't this casserole look divine? I have to tell you that we were so excited about digging into this dinner that I didn't hesitate long enough to take a picture of the plated meal. This is as good as it gets on the photography home front that night.
1 (26-ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1-lb lean ground beef
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
2. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet. Drain off the fat and stir in the jar of spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
3. Prepare spaghetti according to directions on packet. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in large bowl.
4. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
5. Lightly grease a 9x13" pan. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti on top of sauce and top with remaining meat sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more simple dinner ideas like this one. See you next time!