Hey, y'all! I have to admit it... I'm not much of a baker. It isn't necessarily that I can't bake, it's just that I don't. I wasn't blessed with a sweet tooth like many of y'all. While I'm confessing things... I'm the first person to toss a box of brownies in my shopping cart or buy them premade from the bakery when I'm asked to bring a dessert to a function.
After I made my first batch of homemade brownies, I vowed that I would never go back to the box mix again. I was so surprised by how ridiculously easy it is to make brownies from scratch!
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients- vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix together until combined.
5. Pour the batter into a well greased 8x8 pan.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the brownies.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later, you'll regret it if you don't! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me in Instagram and Twitter for more delicious recipes like this one. See you next time!