Sweet Potato Toast is one of the trendiest foods this season. It is super simple to make and can be made in ahead of time for a grab-and-go breakfast.
Hey, y'all! Ashley brought home a ton of sweet potatoes home from her grandparents massive garden. I've started to get creative and come up with loads of fun sweet potato recipes like this Sweet Potato Toast. Sweet Potato Toast is one of the trendiest foods this season.
Now there are two methods for preparing the sweet potato toast, there's the toaster method and then the old school oven method. I use the oven method since it's pretty simple and Ashley refuses to have another gadget aka a toaster in the kitchen.
This sweet potato toast reminds me of a warm PBJ sandwich without all of the guilt! I love the way the sweetness of the potato pairs with the creamy peanut butter, the tart cranberries and crunchy apple. These guys are great for breakfast on the go or as a snack!
1 sweet potato
1 apple, sliced thin
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash your sweet potato. Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into thin slices- about 1/4" thick. You're going to want it thick enough to support the weight of your toppings.
3. Coat the sweet potato slices with a small amount of oil. Salt and pepper to state.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the slices over and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
5. Remove the sweet potato from the oven. Store the slices you will not be using immediately in an air-tight container. These can be reheated in the toaster, oven or microwave when you're ready.
6. Once you're ready to enjoy, top the sweet potato with a layer of peanut butter, apple slices, dried cranberries and a pinch of cinnamon.
Be sure to save this pin! You're going to be craving this Apple & Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Toast later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, healthy recipes like this one. See you next time!
Don't forget to use the #mandmcooks if you make this dish so we can see how it turns out!