Are you looking for a simple Easter dessert? This no-bake pastel striped cheesecake recipe will be the perfect addition to your menu!
Hey, y'all! How is your week shaping up? As I've mentioned in the past, I don't really have much of a sweet tooth but these is one dessert I simply cannot say no to- cheesecake. Ashley and I can never, ever agree on dessert recipes. She likes super sweet things whereas I tend to gravitate more towards fruity. I love boozy desserts and she can't stand them.
I thought that maybe the reason that she didn't like cheesecakes may have been the density of them so awhile back I started playing around with some cheesecake recipes that featured coffee creamer (yes... coffee creamer). As it turns out, the creamer helps thin the cheesecake out just a smidge while at the same time infusing it with delicious flavors.
This cheesecake recipe isn't your traditional cheesecake. It has a fluffy texture more reminiscent of a mousse. Plus, it's no-bake which is a win in my book. As you may know, I'm always looking for shortcuts and a simpler approach to things- so this recipe substitutes a traditional crust for a pre-made graham cracker pie crust.
The other ingredients are simple, cream cheese, cream, sugar, coffee creamer and additional flavorings. As far as the creamer goes, you can go between French Vanilla and Sweet Cream- whichever you happen to have on hand.
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 packet unflavored gelatin
2 tbsp cold water
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
1/2 cup coffee creamer (Sweet Cream or French Vanilla), room temperature
Food coloring, preferably gel
Whipped Cream, canned
1. Unpackage pie crust. Set aside.
2. Place cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin into the bowl. Whisk the ingredients together and allow the bowl to sit for 5 minutes until the gelatin has absorbed all of the water. Once firm, microwave it for 10 to 15 seconds until fully melted and in liquid form.
3. Meanwhile, put the cream cheese in large bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well, scraping the sides and bottom.
4. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the cream and creamer, mixing until everything is smooth.
5. Add in gelatin and finish mixing the ingredients with a rubber spatula. (See notes below)
6. Divide the cheesecake into 4 equal portions. Stir a drop of gel food coloring into each one, mixing until the color is well incorporated. Add additional drops, if needed to achieve the desired color.
7. Begin layering the cheesecake colors. Spread each layer until smooth with the back of a spoon. Continue until all of the layers have been added.
8. Place in the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 2 hours to allow it to firm up.
9. Once ready to serve, decorate the cheesecake with whipped cream and candy eggs.
Note: The cream cheese, heavy cream and coffee creamer should all be brought to room temperature. Failure to do so will create a lumpy cheesecake.
Note: Your gelatin should be slightly warm, if not it will create lumps
Note: Regardless of any lumps, the cheesecake will still taste on point!
Be sure to pin this delicious, no bake cheesecake recipe for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more super simple dessert recipes like this one. See you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on Social Media so I can see how your cheesecake turned out!