Juicy in-season strawberries and scrumptious cheesecake filling come together to create a light dessert perfect for spring!
Hey, y’all! It’s strawberry season, it’s strawberry season! Strawberries are one of my ultimate favorite fruits. Sure, they are great on their own but they taste even more amazing in recipes Strawberry Mousse, Strawberry Cheesecake Dip, Strawberry Tiramisu, and Triple Berry Cheesecake Salad. Today’s recipe was inspired by my Cheesecake Stuff Strawberries that I make for Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day and of course, the 4th of July.
I thought it would be fun to create a version to celebrate strawberry season and spring. Rather than capping the berries with a blueberry to make the red, white, and blue, I wanted to top it off with something that screams spring…something iconic…a little bunny, perhaps.
I could have easily topped it with a chocolate bunny or an Easter egg of some sort but I wanted to give the berry a more cheesecake vibe. I found the perfect thing! Annie’s, an organic brand, makes Bunny Graham Crackers. You can buy these in your local grocery store, Walmart, Target or order them from Amazon.
We begin preparing the strawberries by washing them thoroughly. Afterward, use a sharp knife to slice the narrow tip off of each of the strawberries so they are able to stand on their own. Next, de-stem the strawberries. You’ll notice the inside of the strawberries have a lighter colored ring on the inside. Use this ring as a guide to help you carve out a cavity. Be sure not to cut too deep or too close to the edge.
Next, you’ll need to create my traditional cheesecake filling; a deliciously creamy combination of cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. After combining all of these ingredients together, with an electric mixer, you simply place the mixture into a piping bag (or Ziploc). Pipe this mixture into the cavity of the strawberry and places the strawberries in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve. Once you’re ready to serve, place a graham cracker bunny on top of each cheesecake stuff strawberry and serve.
2 lbs fresh strawberries
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Wash your fruit and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Remove the stems. Using the rings on the inside of the strawberry as a guide, remove the core from the strawberry. Slice the tip of the narrow end of the strawberry off so the strawberry can stand upright.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer until well combined.
4. Place the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or a Ziploc bag. Fill the cavities of the strawberries with the mixture.
5. Place the berries in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, place one graham cracker bunny on top of each strawberry.
Aren't this guys totally adorable? They are so stinking good too! We devoured these things in just minutes! Be sure to give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more super simple dessert recipes like this one. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later! I'll see you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your strawberries turned out!