Spruce up your morning routine with this delicious Cheesy Ham, Broccoli and Egg Bubble Bake! It is simple to prepare and can be assembled the night before!
Hey, y'all! Where are my breakfast lovers at? Shout out to those of you who wake up every morning and prepare breakfast. Seriously, I don't know how y'all do it! I love to sleep. I strategically set my alarm to give me just enough time to brush my teeth, throw on some clothes, brush my hair, pack my lunch, swipe on the minimum amount of makeup and make sure the animals are fed and pottied. About 35 minutes pass between the time my alarm goes off and the time I'm hopping in the car to head to work. I have it all down to a science.
Sadly, breakfast just doesn't fit into the equation. If I'm lucky I have a container of Greek yogurt for breakfast but more often than not, I only manage to have coffee.
Make ahead breakfasts have become my go-to in the mornings. I'm a huge fan of overnight oats. Some of my favorite flavors are Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats and Cookie Dough Overnight Oats. Sometimes, if I'm feeling wild, I even make Snatch 'Em Up Omelets which are perfect for eating on the go.
With us becoming foster moms, breakfast is going to have to be a more common thing in our household. Food items like my Cheesy Ham, Broccoli, and Egg Bubble Bake are going to be a lifesaver if we get a school-age kid! This dish is easy to make in advance. You can do steps the first few steps (steps 1 through 5) in advance and throw it in the oven the next morning. In fact, when I recently made it for a bridal shower breakfast at work, that's exactly what I did!
10 oz box frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
10.2 oz can Pillsbury Grands (I use the Original flavor with Flaky Layers)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 3/4 cups cooked diced ham
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Prepare a 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Microwave frozen broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just thawed. Set aside.
4. Separate the biscuit dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into eights and scatter around the baking dish.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with a wire whisk until well combined. Stir in ham, green onion and half of the cheese. Pour the mixture over the biscuit dough.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and cover it loosely with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake an additional 30 minutes. Add the remaining cheese to the top of the dish and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the center is set.
Not only is this dish delicious for breakfast but it also makes a great, simple weeknight dinner! This is a great way to use up your leftover holiday ham!
Be sure to save this pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more delicious recipes. See you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how yours turned out!