Fresh, sweet corn and crisp, salty bacon combine to form the ultimate salty/sweet combination for summer! This super fun dish is perfect for barbeques and potlucks!
Hey, y'all! To say I've been obsessed with corn lately would be an understatement. I've been buying corn left and right. It's one of my favorite summer foods. There are so many things I love about summer; not having to work (#teacherlife), barbeques, vacations, etc but my ultimate favorite thing about summer is the food, especially the corn.
When I was a little girl, we'd visit my great-grandparents at their summer home in Upstate New York. It was always the kids job to shuck the corn. My cousins, brothers and I would hang out on the porch, joking around while removing the husk from the corn. Ah, the memories.
Shooo, now life is so much easier. You don't have to worry about making a hot mess with the corn husks, we just shuck the corn right at the grocery store. I'm telling you, that is the handiest thing!
This summer I've done all kinds of things with corn. I've made Corn Puddin', Crock Pot Cheddar Corn, plain ole Corn on the Cob, my Southern Corn on the Cob with Milk and Honey, Cowboy Caviar and this gem, Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon. Out of all of these recipes, this is Ashley's favorite and I have to admit, I'm a huge fan as well. There is nothing better than the combination of creamy, sweet corn and crispy, salty bacon. I mean come on, who doesn't love a salty/sweet mix? You really can't go wrong with this flavor combo.
This is stuff is so incredible it's on heavy rotation in our household this summer. In fact, it's on our menu for this week. The key to this recipe, aside from the corn, of course, is using real bacon...not that prepackaged bacon bits stuff. Save that for your leafy salads, this stuff needs the real thing.
This recipe makes enough for about 6 people. If you want to downsize, you can half the recipe and use 1 can of corn instead of fresh corn. If you don't have the time or patience for shucking corn and then cutting it from the cob (it's cool, I'm not judging...I totally get it!), you can substitute 2 cans of corn instead.
4 cups of fresh corn (about 6 ears) or 2 cans
8 slices of bacon, cooked and diced into small pieces
2/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
6 oz cream cheese, diced into cubes
1/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1. If you're using corn on the cob, remove the husk from the corn. Use a knife to cut the corn off of the uncooked cob. Set aside. Skip this step if you're using canned corn.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside. Drain off the grease, reserving about 1 tbsp.
3. On medium-high heat, add corn, bell pepper, and red onion to the bacon grease. Salt and pepper to taste. Sautee for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add in cubed cream cheese and milk. Stir until the cream cheese has melted. If needed, add additional milk 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency.
5. Remove from heat. Garnish with green onions and extra bacon. Serve immediately.
Don't forget to pin this dish for later, you'll totally regret it if you don't! Be sure to subscribe to the blog, or give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Twitter for more delicious, simple to make recipes. See you next time!
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turned out!