Scrumptious Italian-seasoned veggies and sausage come together to form the perfect healthy weeknight meal! Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! I have to admit, I've been a bit under the weather lately. I've got some kind of rogue upper respiratory virus that has had me in bed for nearly a week now. It has been absolutely dreadful but I am slowly getting better. As you can image, the last thing I want to do at night is cook dinner while I'm feeling like death.
After popping some of my steroids, I felt a burst of energy that lasted long enough for me to make this Healthy One-Pan Italian-Veggie and Sausage Bake. The great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to throw together and it requires very little prep or clean up. What's even better is this is a great meal for meal prepping, I was able to eat off of it for a few meals (hell yeah!).
Pro-Tip: Use a large sheet pan. The more space the veggies have the better they roast.
Sheet Pan (I love this 15x21 pan!)
2 large carrots
1 medium-size zucchini
2 red peppers
1/2 pound asparagus
1 head of broccoli
16 oz Smoked Italian Sausage
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tsbp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup shredded parmesan
4 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil to allow for easy cleaning.
2. Prepare the veggies as followed to ensure they are roasted properly. Peel and slice the carrots thinly. Half the zucchini and cut thick zucchini coins. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers and chop into medium size pieces. Remove the woody stem from the asparagus
3. Cut the sausage on the bias,or on an angle.
4. Place all of the veggies and sausage into a large gallon size bag.
5. In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
6. Pour the seasoning mixture over the veggie and sausage. Shake the bag to coat the mixture with the seasoning. Pour the contents onto the sheetpan.
7. Bake the meat and veggies in the oven for 15 minutes. After time has passed, remove the meat and veggies from the pan and place the into a mixing bowl. Toss the combination around and return to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
8. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Be sure to save this yummy pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy to make recipes. You can also subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox. See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
I’m sharing this amazing family meal over on a few of my favorite weekly link parties. Click the links below to join us for all the fun!
Made by You Monday
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turns out