Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" is a side dish that everyone will love! This low-carb, keto-friendly dish is simple to prepare and will be a great addition to your holiday or BBQ menu! Head over to the Keto-Friendly section of the blog to check out all of the other great low-carb recipes!
Hey, y'all! Can I tell you how obsessed I've become with cauliflower? My obsession all began when I started my half-assed keto diet. I began by simply buying steam-in-a-bag frozen riced cauliflower. Soon, I began developing recipes like Mexican Cauliflower Rice, Creamy Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower "Potatoes", and even a Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes".
Up until about 2 months ago, I never ate cauliflower. I never liked it, but then again, I really only ever had it steamed or raw. I never realized that it could be used to make such incredible side dishes. Now, I'm totally hooked!
In the instructions, I explained how to make this recipe by boiling the cauliflower but I also like to do it in my Instant Pot. I follow all of the same instructions I use for my Creamy Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower "Potatoes" and simply stir in the green onions, and bacon. I then top it with the cheddar cheese and pop it into the oven.
Instant Pot (optional)
Yield: 6-8 servings
1 large head cauliflower
4 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more)
6 slices bacon (or more), cooked until very crisp, fat blotted with paper towel and then crumbled
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a glass casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray.
2. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks.
3. While cauliflower is cooking, cook the bacon and crumble.
4. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon into the drained cauliflower.
5. Spread evenly in a 1.5 Quart Glass Casserole Dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes covered, or until hot and bubbly. Remove the lid and bake about 10 minutes more, or until the cheese is slightly browned. Serve hot.
Be sure to save this yummy pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy to make recipes. You can also subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox. See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turns out