This scrumptious casserole is packed with all of your favorite breakfast foods. We're talking sausage, egg, and potatoes mixed with cheddar and cream cheese. Yum!
Hey, y'all! You know, it's not often that I post breakfast recipes on my blog simply because I'm not much of a breakfast person. This past weekend we made last minute plans to do brunch with some of our friends. I think we mostly wanted an excuse to start our day off with mimosas and let our kids burn some energy by running around the house. Typically when I make breakfast, I whip up a casserole. Some of my favorites are Cheesy Ham, Broccoli, & Egg Bubble Bake, Crazy Simple Egg Bake, Broccoli & Cheese Egg Bake, and my ultimate favorite Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole.
Another one of my favorites is this Sausage, Cheese, and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole. Like all of my other breakfast casseroles, it's simple to throw together and it tastes incredible. You begin by covering the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole with shredded hash browns. Top it with browned sausage, some cheese, and a bit of egg. Top it with even more cheese and toss it in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the casserole is cooked through. Oh, I nearly forgot! This casserole actually has a secret ingredient! I love to put cream cheese in my breakfast casseroles. It makes it so silky smooth and really elevates the eggs!
What Should I Serve with the Breakfast Casserole?
The casserole is a meal in itself. It's perfectly hearty however, if you're hosting a brunch you may want to whip up something else to go with it. Some great options are Refreshing Fruit Salad, Strawberry Mini-Pancake Skewers, Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls, Chicken & Waffle Sliders, or fresh fruit.
Can I Make this ahead of time?
You can totally make it ahead of time, but honestly since it's so easy to throw together- you probably don't need to. You can prepare it up to 2 days ahead of time and keep it stored in your refrigerator. When you're ready to bake it, simply add 10-20 minutes to your cooking time since it'll be cold.
13 x 9 Casserole
1/2 a 30 oz bag shredded hash browns, thawed
8 oz cream cheese, cut in 1/2" cubes
1 tsp salt
1 lb sausage
8 oz shredded cheddar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook sausage in a skillet oven high heat, crumbling it with a spatula. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the hash browns with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream cheese until it is evenly distributed.
4. Spread the has brown mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole. Top evenly with the cooked sausage and 1/4 of the cheddar cheese.
5. In the same medium-size bowl in step 3, add flour. Slowly add in milk and whisk with a wire whisk keeping the mixture smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time and whisk after each egg is added. Continue until all 12 eggs have been added to the mixture.
6. Pour the egg mixture over sausage and potatoes. Top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is cooked throughout.
Be sure to save this yummy pin for later! Give me a like on Facebook or follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more delicious, easy to make recipes. You can also subscribe to the blog to have the recipes delivered straight to your inbox. See you next time!
**This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience**
Use #mandmcooks on social media so I can see how your dish turns out